Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to tell someone you don't want to go to prom??

okay so here is my situation. This guy asked me to go to his school dance with him in December 09. He is a son of a family friend. Ive never met him, so immediately I felt awkward, but I felt obligated to say yes since it would be kinda rude to say no. I left him a msg saying yes, and asking him the specifics and he never responded. So I assumed I wasn't going. Like I said, that was December of last year. Its basically May 2010 and this kid just tells his dad to tell my aunt that(I know its weird he cant just text me or something to tell me) he bought my ticket. I dont know what to do. Because I have a boyfriend now, and he doesn't approve of me going. So I am kinda in a situation, even though I don't think its really my fault b/c the kid didn't even let me know until 6 months later! WHat should I do, the dance is in 3 weeks, Obviously if I don't go this kid will have no date, unless he can find a new one, and my fam will be a little dissappointed-b/c his parents are friends w mine. But if i do go, I will really upset my boyfriend, and we've had enough hard times and I don't want anymore. What should I do?How to tell someone you don't want to go to prom??
just be honest and tell him the truth. you have a boyfriend now and honestly you shouldn't be going to prom with him in that case. your boyfriend has every reason to object to you going to prom with this family friend. and you shouldn't do anything that you know would upset or bother your boyfriend. its not fair to you that you should suffer. just tell him nicely that you had wanted to go with him when he asked you but that things have changed and now you have a boyfriend. explain to him that it would hurt your relationship if you went with him to prom since your boyfriend will be upset if you go to prom with him. apologize to him and just tell him that you hope that he has a good time.How to tell someone you don't want to go to prom??
You are going to have to rescheduled your entire life ...
just go to the prom, and tell your boyfriend you don't even know him and are just going to the prom with this kid to be nice (and that your going as friends). make it clear to your boyfriend that you don't really want to go.
hmm... difficult situationn... i think first u should try explaining it thoroughly to both ur boyfriend and the guy who asked you. if ur boyfriend still doesnt want u to go - tell the other guy that and offer to help him find another date (u could set him up with a single friend or something! i did this for my friend and the two ended up going out last year :) ).


and if not, just explain to him that u didnt think he meant it because he never replied to ur message. hopefully he should understand that because ur boyfriend definitely has the right to feel uncomfortable about u going to prom with another guy.


good luckk! :) 鈾?x

No comments:

Post a Comment