Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do i introduce my parents to my asian boyfriend?

My boyfriend is asian (vietnamese) and i'm scared to introduce him to my parents because i'm black. i really like him and i want them to like him to but i'm not sure how it will go. the other day i mentioned his name to my mom and she's like please don't tell me that's what your interested in, and that really hurt me, because i'm really close to my mother. how can i get her to understand that he's the boy i want to be with?How do i introduce my parents to my asian boyfriend?
Tell her that you


are dating him, not her.How do i introduce my parents to my asian boyfriend?
Sorry, but with parents like these you'll be left with one choice. Leave the family and stay with your b/f or break if off with him and stay with your family. Bigotry is an ugly thing... doesn't matter what race you are because all races have bigots.





People should judge others for themselves not by what color they are. Sorry to hear of your problem, there is no easy way to fix this. Race prejudice cannot be change within a generation. You children will be fortunate to have you as a parent.
You have to tell and show them that your boyfriend is someone who is worthwhile, by proofs. Maybe you can tell your mother about what you like about him such as his personality, accomplishments, etc. Your boyfriend has to show your parents a good impression, and you have to tell them that you really love him and he loves you back. He could appeal to your parents by getting along with them and getting to know them.





I had similar problems with my Asian boyfriend when I had to meet his parents. (my parents are open-minded people) My boyfriend convinced them to allow him to date me by telling about my grades, ambitions in life, and my personality. I appealed to his parents by respecting them, being friendly, and helping them sometimes.





In the end, you deserve to date anyone you love, and anything, anyone that interferes with your preference is disturbing the way of peace.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment