Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to convince my boyfriend to stop smoking?

so my boyfriend used to be a stoner pretty much.. then he met me (about 7 months ago) and found out i dont like smoking so he quit.. for about 5 months. then he smoked once with his friend cuz he thought i left him but i didnt. then he's smoked twice with me. i dont really like weed, but the feeling is good so i do it every once in a while. now it's 4/20 and about 2 weeks ago he told me he wasnt gonna smoke on 4/20.. but he's out with his friends smoking right now..


How do i get him to stop? I mean i know i cant make him stop.. but what do i say that might change his mind and realize i dont want him smoking without me?? or is it better to smoke without me?


idk someone please help me :(How to convince my boyfriend to stop smoking?
Aw, well my dad smoked. He proposed to my mom, and she said im not going to marry you unless you quit smoking. ANd he did it, just for my mom. I thought that was really sweet, and if your boyfriend rly loves you, then he should quit smoking just because you dont like it. And give it time. ITs hard to break a bad habit.How to convince my boyfriend to stop smoking?
You can't ask someone to change which it seems you understand that. If you don't like him smoking then I wouldn't be around him when he does it but if you do want to smoke with him then just ask otherwise don't bring it up cuz he may think you are ok with it especially if your wanting to do it with him.
the way i see it is if he was a stoner like you say, and he quit smoking for you. if he wants to let lose every once in a while, then let him.
Well tell him that if he wants to continue smoking then he can do it but that would mean him losing you? If he loves you he will chose you over smoking,but if your gunna smoke tell him he should just smoke with you on the occasions that you do smoke... Idk lol i hope that helped a lil.
you want him to stop or just do it with you? first off if he hasn't stopped now he isn't going to any time soon. if you still smoke now and then you really can't say anything to him true? if you stop and i mean stop then you can say to him i stopped and if you don't then it is smoke or me . see what he picks and go from there.
you're really stupid.


';i dont really like weed, but the feeling is good so i do it every once in a while.';


ummmm, wow..
If you really want him to quit, talk to him. Don't just casually say hay you should quit smoking, Sit him down and really talk to him about it. The only thing is that you can't go all hypocritical on him, if he's stopping, then you are too.
i was just in this type of relationship. basically you need to realize that it is very hard to make a person change. it's nearly impossible. but you can try.


first of all you need to take a firm stance and tell him that you wont smoke and neither should he


secondly you need to show him how to have fun with activities that dont involve smoking


you need to just say that you don't like it and make it clear to him. most likely, you won't be able to change it.


my exbf and i used to argue a bit about him smoking and he went from smoking 3 times a day to maybe once a week or less when he was with me. then, all of a sudden he decided to start buying things to start growing weed to sell it and make money. i thought he had changed but he hadn't.
so he's smoking marijuana and NOT cigarettes? MJ is not chemically addictive, ppl just do it to have a good time. cigarettes however are much tougher to quit even if you're doing so for a loved one.


If he can't quit marijuana than the only rational explanation is he has a better time with it than he does with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment