Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I switch my Verizon cell phone from one family plan to another?

I am on my parents' family plan right now, and I will be moving out of their house on Friday. I was planning on transferring my phone and number to my boyfriend's parents' family plan [they have confirmed that this is okay].





How can I do this?


Will it cost me anything?


Will it cost anyone anything?


How simple/difficult is the process?Can I switch my Verizon cell phone from one family plan to another?
Whoever the account owner is for your parents' plan needs to call into customer service or a store, or go into a store, and say they want to authorize an assumption of liability for your line, into the name of whoever is the account owner on your boyfriends' parents' plan. Then the account owner on your boyfriends' parents' plan has 30 days to call into customer service or a store, or go into a store, and complete the transfer.. You keep your same number and phone. However, if you have a warranty left on your phone, that will be voided. There is no charge to do this..

No comments:

Post a Comment