Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to break the news to family about moving?

I found out I was pregnant in October, and the baby's father and I broke up. (At the time, I was living in Tennessee). So I moved back home (to Georgia) back with my family which consists of my dad and grandmother. Well since then, the babys father and I are back together, and we've been slowly working on our relationship and we are 100% sure we want to live together, and make a family. Our baby is due in 6 weeks so I'm wanting to move with in the next week or 2.


My dad and I have always been close, and he's been saying the whole time that I've been pregnant that if I was going to move back, he hoped I did it before the baby got here so he wouldn't get ';too attached';. Well, now that the baby is close to getting here- he is freaking out. He's putting me on a guilt trip a day saying that he can't believe I would move away and take his grandchild away from him, and how incosiderate I am being of his feelings, and that if I leave, his life will be meaningless and nothing.


Shouldn't he be excited that I'm going to have my own family now? Isn't he being a little selfish? Shouldn't the baby be around me and his dad and see his grandparents on occasion anyways?





So now that it's getting close- How do I break it to him that I'm going to be moving VERY soon?


I can't be away from my boyfriend/baby's father any longer. I'm going crazy, and I want to get everything settled there before the baby comes. It's going to break my dads heart- but it is something that has to be done.





Am I being too selfish?How to break the news to family about moving?
youre in a lose-lose situation, and of the options that u have the best thing for u to do is to leave the hosue.





its natural for ur father to feel detachment fears, especially since its clear hes not living with his mother and he Will be alone. however thats not at ALL ur responsibility to live with him his whole life because of that. you do need to have your own life or else you will resent him the whole time ur living with him and that would be a worst case scenario.





the only thing u can do is look him in the eye and say someting along the lines of ';dad, i cant thank you enough for being so supportive of me during my pregnancy and making room for me and helping me through everything. i can really tell that youve always done whats best for me, and i apprciate that completely, and always will. Im moving in with ______ this/next week, and im going to miss you also just like youre going to miss me but im still goign to go.now in the next week that im here i understand were both going to be tense and nervous but i rlly dont want us to ruin it with bad feelings and i rlly ask of u to understand what im going thru again. ';





say it in a way that soudsn sincere and expresses to him that you love him and will not forget him just because ur going away. fathers need that type of reassurance especailly if hes living by himself.


good luck!How to break the news to family about moving?
No you and not being selfish!!!


You are doing what is hopefully best for you and your unborn baby.





Your dad was there when you needed him, you will always be his little girl. Part of being a parent is wanting only the best for your child/children.


yes it will be hard for him, but he can visit, you guys can visit.


Is there any chance you can settle close by your father?





If you have been working on your relationship, you know in your heart that this is the right thing then you must go for it.





Life is hard and at times it is extremly difficult


When you are a parent you will see how hard it is to be a parent but also so rewarding.


You will also nly want the best for your child, and it seems you are thinking in that direction already.


take care

No comments:

Post a Comment